Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Weekend Of Relaxing and Family :)

Well, this week has been crazy! So, what do we do today? Relax! Lot's and lot's of relaxing! Weekends are such a special time for our family, a time to relax, refresh and renew. So that's what this weekend was all about. Normally, as long as the kids are up to it, we like to be outside and out doing things, but not today! Today, hubby and I spent the majority of our morning and afternoon playing games on the xbox and being on the computer, reveling in the sweet bliss of doing nothing. We let the children eat sweets with their breakfast and we ignored the dishes and just sat together and drank coffee (a whole pot!) and didn't stress about a thing! It felt great. :)

Mid afternoon we were all ready to get out for a bit though, so we loaded up and went out to the park! Hubby even suggested we bring my camera (of course! :) so he could get some photos of me and the girls, that was nice. :) Being the photographer of the family ( or at least the one with the camera at all times) there are not many photos of me and the girls unless I take them, and that can be such a headache. So it was a very welcomed and sweet gesture of the hubby to offer to want to take photos. I gladly agreed! ( It was even sweeter that he patiently waited the 45 minutes for me to find cute dresses for the girls and for me to do my hair :)

Anyway, these are all hubby's photos (except the one we used the tripod for so we could get one of us :) so all credit goes to him. He is the better one at photography, he taught me just about all the technical stuff I know. :) These are just a few of the pictures we took. Have a relaxing and rejuvenating weekend everyone!

From A Meg Moment



From A Meg Moment


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty jealous of your weekend. I can't remember the last time we didn't have one that was so scheduled that we barely have time to sleep and take showers! ;o) Maybe I should put one on the schedule. LOL.

Great photos! Your husband is also an excellent photographer! My family is the same way. Out of 200 photos, I'm probably in 10 of them at the most. Always behind the camera!

Stephanie said...

Aw, the pictures are adorable! I feel your pain on the whole never being in pics because you are the only one taking them thing! :) How sweet of your husband to suggest the photo op! :)

Unknown said...

I agree with Sarah! What a great weekend. These pictures are simply beautiful. What a nice park too!

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone for the kind comments,it's nice to know people stop by :)

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! Your husband takes great photos! I'm envious that he agreed to take them... I can't hardly get my hubs to take any! My kids will someday wonder if I was ever around those first few years, since they wont remember them. LOL!
New follower from the hop. Would love a follow back! Thanks! =)
http://ourjacobsenfamily.blogspot.com

Saving By The Sea said...

Following you from Money Savvy Michelle GFC hop - hope you'll follow back :) http://savingbythesea.com, Saving by the Sea on FB and gracie680 on Twitter.