Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Morning Latte

As a wedding gift my hubby and I received an espresso machine. I think we used it once right after we first got married but, for what ever reason, ended up putting it up away. Well, while cleaning the other day I found it again and decided to use it! It's been up there for the better part of 2 years so it needed a good cleaning, but I have fallen in love with it! I just started using it yesterday and have since made 4 lattes (one of those was for the hubbs) and they are so good! I love the rich espresso scent and the sweet foamy milk. Im finishing my morning cup right now, I had to wait until after feeding Ellie of course. That stuff travels quickly to breast milk :)
On another completely different note, I was reading my bible the other day and some things stuck out to me. Now, of course the bible has countless lessons to teach and is the true word of God, the only 100% reliable teaching guide on what is right and how we should live. But Our God is an Awesome God and I think it's really "neat" (for lack of a better word) that not only is the bible a way for us to grow closer to Him and learn how to live, but also a history book and an example of how humans really are all the same and have never really changed (sadly)
Anyway, I was reading about Abraham and the time the three visitors came to visit him to tell him that Sarah was to have a son (Gen 18:1-19) I was reading through where the men were talking to Abraham and that Sarah was at the entrance listening to them.
Then the Lord said, "I will surely return to you about this time next year, and your wife Sarah will have a son" Now Sarah was listening at the entrance of the tent, which was behind him. (Gen. 18:10)
I couldn't help but to smile... "how wifeish!" I thought. I could just picture the men getting together with Abraham and them all talking and Sarah not being able to control her curiosity and wanting to know what was being said. I can see her trying to find a spot in the tent where she could hear the best. I see her in my mind kind of straining her ears trying to catch everything.
How many of us women are like that now? I know that when hubby gets a phone call or I see him talking about something to someone that I don't recognize my first thoughts are "who was that? What did they want? I wonder what he's saying?" Not that that's a bad thing, I just smiled at the thought that our wifely human curiosity has been the same for over 2000 years and is the same in every culture.
Well, my quite morning is almost over, so time to get off and get busy!

No comments: