Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Life Overfilling!

Has your heart ever over flowed with so much excitement and joy that you feel you must shout out to the world? Well that's how I feel right now! I have some very, um, yucky errands to run tomorrow, some stressful situations and a toddler that cried for almost 90 minutes straight this morning. Yet, somehow my heart is over flowing with joy and hope. I can only attest it to Christ and His love.



Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22-23

The Lord is good to those who hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
Lamentation 3:25-26


Some days I feel like I am praying to a wall and feel at the brink of being consumed. Sometimes I become so frustrated at my family that everything in me wants to lash out and tell them all how I feel. But the thought in my mind is that I would rather patiently suffer than fail to please my God. Of course, I often do lash out, but I have been seeking God and asking the Holy Spirit to work through me. When I want to say something, I bite my lip and walk into the other room. Inward I feel a battle raging inside. Sometimes my flesh is so weak and and want to scream! I can actually feel the tears well up in my eyes I get so mad and it seems like a such a struggle to keep quite. But that's just it, the inward struggle is not just about not saying something, it's about not letting something consume your heart and holding on to hurt. I can keep my mouth shut, but letting it go can be so hard.

This has been my struggle. Through the help of the Holy Spirit I continue to pray and ask God to deliver the help. I pray that He would take my problems and take my troubles and make them something beautiful. Sometimes it doesn't seem to help. I still end up saying the wrong thing or can't help to let a hurtful look leave my face. I feel weak and lonely. But, I continue to seek God because I don't need to live my life on how I "feel."

But today, I woke up and and feel like a new creation. I feel so overcome with just ... JOY! I feel strong, confident, and ready to take on my little world. I feel God's presence and I know He is with me. WITH ME! He is just here for little ME! I know He always is, but I think that's why He let's you feel His presence so strong sometimes. So, those days when He doesn't feel close, you can think back to days like this when you feel Him holding your hand. That's what's going to be so great about heaven. You will always be in His presence.

I am also thrilled about the first "official" snowfall this morning! But more about that in the next post. :) Have a wonderful day everyone and be blessing to someone today :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

As always, such a beautiful and inspirational post. What's more - it's content is also QUITE timely for me. I feel your struggle - I relate to it SOOO much - I know we've talked about this before. ;)

How great that you woke up the way you did this morning! :) I hope your day/week/month continues in this way! :)

Anonymous said...

oh this post gave me chills (and not just my house is currently very...very cold!), the hope and joy in this post just brought a smile to my face! Love it!

Unknown said...

just beautiful, Meg. Keep writing. I love what God says through you.