Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Chicago! Part Three

Inside a cool cafe downtown




This trip was actually my first time riding in a taxi. I don't know how I have managed so long without ever riding in one! Instead of taking your car places and dealing with the crazy traffic only then to end up paying $20.00 for valet parking, it's much simpler to catch a cab for $7.00. Not to mention the crazy cab drivers you meet! That's worth the price itself! (Daniel and I may have differing opinions on this one ;)






Night time means dinner time!


Our hotel




This is the dress Daniel bought me for Christmas! (early :)

He knows me so well :) Aside from about $100,000 worth of things for his Jeep, he much prefers, always wants, practical gifts. I, on the other hand like pretty things! Now, don't get me wrong, I have been known to ask for measuring cups, a vacuum or even diapers as gifts (for the girls, not me!) but I really do love lovely things. I didn't need a new dress, but was very happy and every so thankful to have one! I really truly do have the kindest and most understanding husband in the world!

This was taken as we were getting ready for dinner. I had to leave the restaurant before my food came because I was feeling so horrible, but it was a beautiful evening! Especially now that I look back and feel fine :)

Honestly, it was almost better that I got sick while away, because I was able to spend more time sleeping than I have in a very long time, so that was a blessing. I was very thankful to come home to the girls though.

We were all sick for a good solid week together, and coming home was just the start of it. Being away for a few days gave me the physical and emotional break I needed to help the girls though their sickness 24/7 for a week. I was very thankful that God had His hand in the timing of it all and that my dad needed Daniel down there for that week. I'm so thankful for such a loving and kind God! He takes care of all our needs and all we need to do is acknowledge Him and Honor and Praise Him. I can truly say with experience, what a mighty God we Serve!

Really, who else cares so much about a normal little old housewife who has little children to take care of, a house to clean and family to serve? Sometimes I feel so lonely, overwhelmed and over tired. Even with such a wonderful husband and great kids, life can just seem so big and I feel so small. It's in those moments that God scoops me up in His loving arms and shows me He cares enough to give me what I need. Whether it's just a good day, a kind word from a friend or a little time away... He knows my needs! Even before I do!

Wow... I just still can't get over what a mighty God we serve!

This last photo was one Daniel took of the girls and I about 3 hours after we back home. It was mixture of sickness, tiredness and thankfulness to all be together again. There is nothing like being back in your home with your family :)

No comments: